These bars are 100% pure Castile! They are made with the massage tips on one side and a loofah on the backside for exfoliation. They are lightly scented with Eucalyptus Essential Oil
What is Castile Soap and why should you be using it?
Castile soap is most likely the closest relative to the very first soap ever made. The ancient beauty queen, Cleopatra, demanded a better way to bathe, so her people created soap using oil from plants and plant ash.
Sometime after The Crusades, this style of oil-based soap made its way to Europe. One province in Spain known as Castile made the olive oil version of this soap famous, hence why we now call it “castile soap”.
- Gentle cleanse without the toxins. Virtually all soaps use toxic sulfates to get that lather we’re all accustomed to, but castile soap lathers naturally - no chemicals necessary. Most soaps are nothing more than strong drying agents, but castile soap actually cleanses and protects thanks to oleuropein - a compound with potent antibacterial effects.
- Safe for sensitive skin. Since castile soap is made from safe, simple plant oils, it is considered safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
- It can help oily, acne-prone skin. The oils found in castile soap penetrate pores with their antibacterial agents, helping clean your skin without drying it out. While it is more alkaline than we recommend, some people have success using it to balance their skin’s pH to reduce acne.
- Smooth and soothe dry, irritated skin. Plant oils, especially olive oil, are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids. These healthy fats help replenish the water level within the epidermis, resulting in supple, glowing skin. Plus, it doesn’t strip your skin’s natural oils.
- Naturally hydrating. The process of making oil-based soap results in a byproduct known as glycerin, which most synthetic soaps filter out. That’s a shame considering glycerin absorbs water from surrounding air, working to moisturize your skin as naturally as possible. Fortunately, castile soap retains its glycerin content.
- No gunked up pores. Made from olive oil, castile soap lets your skin breathe and encourages the natural process of shedding dead skin cells. While synthetic soaps can irritate and block pores, castile soap keeps them clean and clear.
- Natural free radical protection. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants such as vitamins A and E. Regular use of castile soap can help protect against skin cell degeneration and can therefore delay the appearance of wrinkles and accelerated aging.
- Ease eczema, psoriasis & more. Nutrient-rich olive oil also contains a highly anti-inflammatory compound called oleocanthal. In fact, its anti-inflammatory action has been compared to that of Ibuprofen. As such, castile soap can help reduce inflammation - the source of many of our most bothersome skin conditions.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Distilled Water
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Essential Oil